Sorry for the delay... The last two weeks have been two very full weeks for our little family.
So to catch you all up, Charlotte has been growing with every breath she takes. As of yesterday she is officially out of newborn clothes :( She has learned to follow things visually, and she is much more alert! She has been smiling a lot more often as well. Everyday Mathis and I seem to get more and more wrapped around her little fingers.
Charlotte 2 weeks
Charlotte 4 weeks
Mathis is back at work after four weeks off. He was planning to just stay home the first three weeks, but the Sunday before he was supposed to return my Papa passed away, so off to SC we went. I think he has enjoyed going back, I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss him. I have since asked him to hire someone to move in and take care of me so that I can take care of Charlotte!
I have realized in the past two weeks just how much family means to me. As mentioned before, we went home for my papa's funeral last week. I will miss him so much! It brought back some great memories that I had with him, and I hope that Charlotte will be able to have memories like that with her grandparents. I know that with Mathis being in the military it will be a little different, but I think it is still possible for her to have great times with family! I also enjoyed seeing joy on peoples faces when they were able to see Charlotte. Grandma and some of the other family weren't expecting to see her until Christmas time, expect by Skype. I love that a little one can make everyones face light up!
Since we have returned to DC and Mathis has went to work, I have been trying to figure out a routine that works for Charlotte and I both. I am very much a routine kind of person, babies don't seem to come on one of their own so it has taken some time. We did get the day/ night situation taken care of!! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment