Well with Miss Charlotte added to our little family now, I have been thinking more about family traditions. The ones I liked, didn't like, wish we had... I feel that it is these traditions that make a childhood memorable, weather they are something that happen once a week or once a year. I am talking about things that are a little more special than eating dinner together every night (although that is something that Mathis and I do already and have every intention of continuing as Charlotte gets older).
Growing up in my house, there were traditions that my parents started with my brother and I. These things we began to look forward to when we knew they were coming. I remember getting new Christmas pjs every Christmas eve. It wasn't anything huge, but it was special and constant. I also remember going on family vacations every year. Even though a lot of our spring break vacations were to the same resort in TN, we always had a blast. I think that things like this will help us create a sense of fun and consistency in Charlotte's life.
So I know that I want to continue Christmas pjs and a yearly vacation with my new little family. We have also heard of families having a "special" dinner plate that is different than all of the other ones. This plate is used by someone who has accomplished something (a good grade, dance recital, accepted to college, etc..) or on their special day, like a birthday! One that I know Mathis would like is a monthly backwards dinner... you start with dessert first! I love hearing about new ones and trying to figure out which ones we will have for our own family:)
Please tell me your favorite family traditions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment